Monday, November 14, 2011

Alphabet Day 1: B

This whole idea started when I made a stupid alliteration on Facebook. I was inviting everyone to brunch, basketball, and buccaneers (referring to a live dinner show involving pirates, yes my life is great). By the end of the day I had done many "B" things. So, I've decided to do a letter every day - list what I do, post a song by an artist in that letter that I listened to, and write a short (DUMB and TERRIBLE) story about a word starting with that letter.

My B day: Barbara (that's who I was when I woke up in the morning), burned calories, brunch, bingo, bitches (the people at bingo), bundt cake (that I won at bingo despite the bitches), basketball, buccaneers, birthday cards, breakdancing, and bed.

B song:  "Get Me Bodied" by Beyonce.

B word: Badger
The Badger sat behind his desk at the Hufflepuff Public Relations offices. He had worked there for many years and had fallen into a simple routine. Show up, don't make the House look any dumber than it already is, and go home. No one expected much from the Hufflepuffs, and no one expected much from the Badger.

The phone rang. The Badger answered. Whoever was on the other line told him that Cedric Diggory had been cast in an upcoming, highly-anticipated movie franchise. Sure, Cedric Diggory was dead, but he is a wizard, so stop asking questions. Plus, Cedric Diggory was the poster boy for Hufflepuff. Sure, he was dead, but he was so handsome.

However, upon learning that Cedric had been cast as a vampire, the Badger quickly quit his job. If anything could make Hufflepuff's image worse it would be vampires, and he wanted nothing to do with it.

THE END.

- Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment