Sunday, December 4, 2011

Alphabet Day 19: A

My A day: airport run in the early morning, a number of goodbyes to my roommates, a long drive to work (apparently this wind here in LA is rull bad), a more productive day than yesterday, anteaters (my day got less productive as it went on), apple juice (made me sick), a free dinner, ABBA and A-Teens (let's be honest, they are the same), alcoholics, a viewing of Drumline, and a decent amount of sleep on a neighbor's couch and then mine and then my bed.

A song: ADELE - "If It Hadn't Been For Love" This girl.

A word: Australia

When you're little, you look at Australia on a map, and you think that, surely, the people that live there fall right off the face of the earth. Then, when you're older you learn about gravity, so you "get it," but, let's be honest, you still don't really get how people don't fall off the face of the earth.

Then, I look at Los Angeles on a map, and I think that certainly I wouldn't fall off the face of the earth, but maybe I should be sliding a little bit. However, here I am, standing on the ground, and I'm not sliding at all. So, I guess, gravity is a thing, however it works.

Still, I have never been to Australia, so I can't say definitively that people don't fall off the face of the earth down there. I'll never go there either because I don't feel like flying somewhere just to fall off the face of the earth.

THE END.

- Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment